[SOLVED] Looking to buy a new monitor and I'm confused?

Sep 7, 2021
I'm in need of a new monitor, and due to space limitation It can't be bigger than 27''. I need it to be at least 2k for work, gaming features are not really that important since I only game occasionally. I was looking on this list: Top Best 5 - Monitors - 26 to 29.9 Inches - 2021 and I was thinking going for HP X27i 27” . The specs are decent for a 2k Monitor and it's a little cheaper. What do you guys think?

Solution
I think I would pick the LG from the list.
The HP does not offer sound, so you would need speakers.
Also, it does not have HDR which I think would be wanted for graphics design.

Ignore price if you can.
A monitor is a long term investment, buy the best.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you state work, what sort of tasks do you work with? Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and what is your budget for the monitor? What sort of outputs do you have access to from your iGPU/motherboard/discrete GPU end? If I may, is the space limitation due to the desk or the room? Some have manage to wall mount their panels and eke out a little more space for comfort and productivity and real estate wise.

Sep 7, 2021
Hello,
Thank you for your reply! I work as a graphics designer and I use a discreate graphics card (RTX 2080Ti). Space limitations come from both of the room size and desk (I cannot fit a bigger desk than the one I currently have). I cannot wall mount it as my landlord does not allow drilling holes into the wall. My budget is up to $500

I think I would pick the LG from the list.
The HP does not offer sound, so you would need speakers.
Also, it does not have HDR which I think would be wanted for graphics design.

Ignore price if you can.
A monitor is a long term investment, buy the best.

Solution