Looking to buy a new powerful and portable ultrabook (form filled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2018
1. What is your budget?
₹80,000 or $999 (the price of laptops usually increases when they come to India, hence not a perfect conversion, i would prefer buying the device in India, but if the price difference is too much i can try to get it from the US provided i can get warranty and support for it in india)

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13-15 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 7 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I might do some light music production on this device, I use FL studio. But it would be great if the device can run some of the more demanding DAWs.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 256 gb (Solid state)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
None

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No real preferences as long as i can get good reliable support and after sales service from them in India.

13. What country do you live in?
India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Basically I’m looking for a powerful yet portable productivity machine that can handle all productivity tasks and then some, is good for content consumption and is also able to handle some amount of music production. I was waiting until today for the new macbook air to be unveiled, now that it has been unveiled and it’s running the dual core Y series processor I don’t think it’s worth paying the apple tax for it (or would it not make that big a difference?). I think the 8th gen i5 U series processor is the best for my use. I’d want the device to have at least have 8 gb ram, at least a 256 gb SSD. I’d want at least one thunderbolt 3 port that supports 4 lanes of PCIe (charging over usb C would be a bonus). I’d want the device to have good build quality and I would want it to be made out of metal or even carbon fiber. Not a fan of plastic devices. I’d want a good trackpad and a finger print reader would be very convenient. The devices that i have shortlisted are the Dell XPS 13 (both 9370 and 9360), ASUS zenbook 13, LG gram and the XPS 15 i5 (which is not available in India so will only go for it if it is that much better than the other and have also heard that it has latency issues which are a problem for making music).

Would really appreciate if someone is able to help me choose or provide alternatives that might be better for what i want. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.