Question Looking to buy a tripleheaded monitor stand

first things first: i had this mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BDT072S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but just yesterday it broke leaving it unrepairable and my monitor face first on the keyboard
lucky me the monitor is fine and working, but now i need to use its jousting 10 feet in front of it stand.
this stand only supports 24 inch monitors and mine is 27, but the weight cap is twice what my monitor weighs.

So, after talking to amazon, i was given an option to get a refund, or get a replacement.
what should i do? is this company, mount-it! good or like, throw out the window?

if and when i get a refund, should i get a different stand, and if so, which one?

Ralston18

Titan
Please clarify/explain: " but now i need to use its jousting 10 feet in front of it stand."

Where and how did the monitor stand break? Did it just give way while static? Were you trying to move or re-position the monitor?

That is important as the break could be from usage (e.g., U-joint fell apart) or a manufacturing defect ( e.g., weld).

How long did you have the stand? If you were otherwise satisfied with it then a replacement would probably be acceptable.

Go to the company's (Mount-it) website and check any Forums or FAQs. Determine if anyone else has posted about a similar problem or issue. Current reviews and ratings via Amazon seem to be overall favorable.

Also go online and look for other triple monitor stands. Likewise visit the respective company's websites. Search for online product reviews by verified purchasers and professional product reviewers. Pay attention to what is said and what is not said.

Please clarify/explain: " but now i need to use its jousting 10 feet in front of it stand."

Where and how did the monitor stand break? Did it just give way while static? Were you trying to move or re-position the monitor?

That is important as the break could be from usage (e.g., U-joint fell apart) or a manufacturing defect ( e.g., weld).

How long did you have the stand? If you were otherwise satisfied with it then a replacement would probably be acceptable.

Go to the company's (Mount-it) website and check any Forums or FAQs. Determine if anyone else has posted about a similar problem or issue. Current reviews and ratings via Amazon seem to be overall favorable.

Also go online and look for other triple monitor stands. Likewise visit the respective company's websites. Search for online product reviews by verified purchasers and professional product reviewers. Pay attention to what is said and what is not said.
That's a good shout
to calrify, the stand just broke while i was on my bed, nothing was touching it.
and the part that broke was a metal rod about the size of my pinky connecting the part that grips the main rod (that is connected to the table) and the middle display.
i was overall satisfied with the build quality and look, it seemed very sturdy by far and ive only had it for around 3 months (i got it on the 30th of January 2019)
i will go check if this is a wide spread problem on reviews and their website.
but, what do you personally think, if i was satisfied before, with the information given (i can give pictures of the part that broke) should I get a replacement or refund?

Ralston18

Titan
A couple of pictures would be helpful.

The reason for saying that is that many products are being "spec'd down". E.g., the rod was originally1/4" but now may less substantial at 3/16". Or some similar modification to reduce costs.

End result: failure of some sort. In your situation - the monitor stand broke.

What was once a good product becomes not so good and problems result.

Make take time for the product's defectiveness to work its way through the supply chain to multiple users.

Then again, in all fairness, the break could have just been some fluke manufacturing flaw; a crack in the rod, bad weld, etc.. not caught by QA (if any).

A couple of photographs may reveal that the monitor stand is not what it used to be. Someone following or otherwise reading this thread may comment accordingly. However, the manufacturer's website may have some related postings. Do remember that the manufacturer controls was is posted (FAQ's and Forums) so be skeptical if there are few or no complaints....

Do check for warranty or at least make an inquiry to the manufacturer. Send them the photographs - they may be willing to provide a replacement.

Overall, barring some other revelation, if you were satisfied, it may be worthwhile to give them another chance - especially if they cover the return and replacement costs.

May 3, 2019
I purchased just the standing desk frame from the Autonomous for my monitor stand and used the top from my old IKEA. It really makes my life 1000x's better! love #diystandingdeskwithAutonomous

TRENDING THREADS