Looking to buy Color Laser printer for home use

Donce

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
I'm sick of inkjets, but i'm really newbie in laser printers sphere... :ange:

Maybe here's people who could give me advice?

Up to this day, i used HP, which made me to hate inkjets so bad...

I'm looking color laser printer speed isn't really key, but i don't want to wait whole week (if you know what i mean)...

Quality: Acceptable (i don't need something like 1 pixel accuracy)...

And i would like it had scanner, but if it dosen't i can live with it...

Price is really key for me, i want to spend max 140 eur or 160 usd.

USAFRet

Titan

With my Dell, my costs so far are about 1/2 that. $375 total costs, not incl paper. Printer ($330) + one replacement cart ($45), 4500 pages printed. 7+ years.
$0.83 per page.

If we include paper at todays price...4500 sheets = $45. So that brings the total price per page to $0.93 per page.

But more and more, I use OneNote as a print target...:)

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED

4500 pages of color on one $45 cartridge? that's a penny per page in color. not likely.

USAFRet

Titan

It came with 4 toner carts. Black, and 3 color. I have had to replace only the Black, for $45.
The other 3 are still reporting around 40-50% capacity.

And I've done quite a few full page color prints.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
oh, ok. but "quite a few" is not 4,500. ;)

back to the at-home color laser, i wonder how "affordable" each replacement color would be for a $160 printer. and how well would the colors line up on a low-cost device like that. actually, i just checked the PCMag review and it's around $55 per color cartridge. ouch.

USAFRet

Titan

Well, no. Not 4,500 full page pictures for photo use. It is used for regular printing tasks (mostly text), as well as a few hundred full page color images. And color presentations, etc.
As most people would use it.
But total print volume was about 4500 pages, last time I checked.

When my printer was new, replacement carts from Dell were $75. When I needed to replace one, it had dropped to $45. If I wanted to try an off-brand replacement, it would have been less.

If I wanted/needed a printer for full page color, all the time, every time, for photo work....an inkjet. I have a very good inkjet, and the photo output is much better than the laser. But the laser is far better for text/charts/etc. And far, far cheaper.

If I had tried to do that print volume with my inkjets, I'd be broke.
My previous nice inkjet (Epson) was $80 for a full replacement set of ink carts. Lasting maybe 300 pages. And I even tried a CIS system. It eventually peed ink all over the stand it was on...:(

USAFRet

Titan

Laser toner refills? Wait until you get close to needing it.
I just bought the actual Dell.

I had less than good results with aftermarket inkjet refills.