[SOLVED] looking to buy low profile bracket for my GT 1030

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
I am missing the low profile bracket to attach my graphics card to my old PC
I have searched the web and didn't found it, it's these ones with a screwable notch, I have one low bracket that matches the ports but it's missing the notch with the screw
here is my high profile bracket so you have a look:
TEfVSWk.jpg

Solution
Have you tried a small amount of hot glue? I find that it comes off fairly cleanly, but I wouldn't use a lot of it, and not on things like small components that could be pulled off the board.

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
here from HWinfo:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (GP108-300) [NVIDIA]
PCIe v2.0 x4 (5.0 GT/s) @ x4 (5.0 GT/s)

it seems to be from the original Nvidia itself no other brand like MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS...
probably the original released in 2017 and no later year

HWOC

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
There's always the option of cutting and bending your current one into a low profile bracket, I've done that a few times, it's not the prettiest solution, but easily doable. I've also built PC's where I've just removed the bracket altogether, as long as the PC isn't moved and there is no pull on the cable, it's absolutely fine. The card sits in the PCI-E slot, the HDMI or DVI cable sits in it's place, if no one is tugging it, it's perfect.

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
There's always the option of cutting and bending your current one into a low profile bracket, I've done that a few times, it's not the prettiest solution, but easily doable. I've also built PC's where I've just removed the bracket altogether, as long as the PC isn't moved and there is no pull on the cable, it's absolutely fine. The card sits in the PCI-E slot, the HDMI or DVI cable sits in it's place, if no one is tugging it, it's perfect.
yep if you can see from my other post this prebuild machine has this GPU glued with silicon ... do you recommend any hardware friendly glues that can came off easily at any time without breaking anything?

HWOC

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Have you tried a small amount of hot glue? I find that it comes off fairly cleanly, but I wouldn't use a lot of it, and not on things like small components that could be pulled off the board.

Solution

antonis mark

Prominent
Jan 21, 2021
this is the current type of glue that the attached graphics card is having. I would attempt to remove it once I have finished my work today