Looking to buy one of these 3 phones and can't decide: Huawei P8, Samsung Galaxy S5+(SM-G901F) or Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

stefandragos

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Looking to pick one of these 3 phones and can't decide:
- Huawei P8;
- Samsung Galaxy S5+(SM-G901F);
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.
I'm on Orange Romania with a subscription and i'm offered one of these three phones with around 100 euro price tag and a contract extension.
What would you advise?

stefandragos

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
For the S5+ i found little to none reviews, but for the others i found enough reviews. My hesitation with Sony's and Huawei's device is regarding battery replacement ability, and also with camera performance.
The S5+ has a newer processor/GPU combo and better LTE speeds but is, in every other way, the same as the original S5. It's the least "pretty" of the 3 phones and has some custom roms option.
The Z3 Compact from Sony is better looking than samsung's device but the camera performance is good(judging from reviews) but not as good as samsung's s5 plus. There are more custom roms than for samsung S5 plus but it seems that installing a custom rom on sony z3c will cause the loss of drm keys of certain app/functions.
The Huawei P8 is the newer device of the 3 phones and also looks better than the s5 plus. Maybe as good(better) looking as(than) sony's device but with different choice of materials. The processor/GPU combo aren't my no. 1 choice and performance wise it would be the 3rd option of the three devices.
What would you pick?

stefandragos

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
The S5 plus is the beast, the Huawei P8 is the beauty and the Sony Z3C is the little guy :))
I'm leaning towards performance instead of beauty though i'm tired of touchwiz(that's why i'm using custom roms).
I would appreciate very much some opinions regarding Sony Z3C and Huawei P8. I read that the back panel of the Z3C cracks by it self so i'm kinda hesitating on picking this device as i keep my phone in my back pocket.

stefandragos

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
I got a better offer for the S5+(after some negociating) and took it. I wasn't convinced of the Z3 Compact and Huawei was a very subiective option.
Out of the three options i mentioned in the title the S5+ is the best, beauty aside.
Thanks for sharing your opinions.
Cheers! :)