Looking to buy or build a new pc

darkflames9

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Hey there, I'm not new to gaming but new to the forums. My current PC sucks for being almost three years old (It was a ASUS Vista Home Premium) and can hardly run anything even on low settings; so I'm looking to buy a new pre-built pc at a store or build a new pc, which I have no experience with.

I've had several options; one is getting a PC from best buy and upgrading parts with the tech support plan for free. Another is buying a pc from Cyberpowerpc, which I didn't buy anything from there after reading mixed reviews. Then, my last option was to build a PC but don't know what parts to get or how to build it down from scratch.

My main game is mostly going to be Diablo 3, but I might try Guild Wars 2 in the future. I do prefer Intel and NVIDIA, but I'll take any advice for builds/parts that has AMD and Radeon also. I also want a gaming computer I can use for college just for Word and Excel.

I'll check back later, and thanks to anyone in advance who could give me some advice. I can link specs later, I'm not at my house now,

if you're willing to spend time and effort to learn and build yourself you'll save some money. If not then you can go with a prebuilt.

since you didn't give any type of budget, I'll go by what I think the hardware that you will need to play D3:

i3/i5, 560/6950, 4-8gb ram, ~650W psu, everything else by preference.

and don't bother with best buy computers, they start out with garbage components to begin with, so you'll probably end up spending more money trying to upgrade them to quality parts.

darkflames9

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

Sorry about that last bit, I forgot to mention I'm willing to spend around $600-700 for a new pc build for my budget.

Where do you live? (country)
Do you require monitor, mouse & keyboard, OS?

The hardware I mentioned above should fit into that budget easily if you're building it yourself, not sure about cyberpower pricing, but you can go to their website and spec it out and see what they'd charge.

darkflames9

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
I live in the United States, and have a good monitor/mouse already. I might need a new keyboard sometime, but not right now. I would prefer Windows 7 as my operating system also.

darkflames9

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy yesterday and here are the minimum system requirements from their main page for Diablo 3.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

I'm not sure what parts I would need just for building a new PC for a few games and college work, besides the parts you suggested. I have a build someone suggested to me about a month ago, but parts have probably changed by now.

The new Radeon 7800-7900 series graphic card is something I'm looking into. Other than that, I'm still looking for help and suggested builds for a new pc.