[SOLVED] Looking to buy the EVGA Nu Audio Pro and have two questions.

Blubberykollis

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
As the title implies.
I am eye-balling the EVGA Nu Audio Pro 7.1 and I have two concerns..

Firstly: It comes with a package of 2 cards. Both being PCI-E x1 connectors. I only have one PCI-e X1 slot. I read somewhere that putting them in a PCI-e x16 works as well. Is this true?

Secondly: Does it come with other drivers so I can discard the Realtek ones?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hey, Yes PCI-E is compatable with any cards smaller. I have a PCI-E 4X card in a 16X slot and it works fine. With the drivers, if its an Audio card you will definitly get drivers weather you need to download them or not im not sure but you will definitly need them, This product looks spectacular and I bet it sounds that way too. Don't delete any drivers until you get the card into your pc and know it works, I just use device manager to configure all of my stuff, it allows you to check for drivers for your cards and other hardware anyway. Everything looks good to me, just be careful with drivers and never touch your firm ware lol. Cheers, BlueMicrobe

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Hey, Yes PCI-E is compatable with any cards smaller. I have a PCI-E 4X card in a 16X slot and it works fine. With the drivers, if its an Audio card you will definitly get drivers weather you need to download them or not im not sure but you will definitly need them, This product looks spectacular and I bet it sounds that way too. Don't delete any drivers until you get the card into your pc and know it works, I just use device manager to configure all of my stuff, it allows you to check for drivers for your cards and other hardware anyway. Everything looks good to me, just be careful with drivers and never touch your firm ware lol. Cheers, BlueMicrobe

Solution

Blubberykollis

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
A very astute and helpful answer!
Thanks a ton, sincerely.