[SOLVED] Looking to clean my GPU with "Isopropyl"; are all Isopropyl equal, what should I look for?

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
Looking to clean my my GPU with Isopropyl

I noticed that there are 70% alc isopropyl and 99.9% alc Isopropyl.......

the 70-percent isopropyl is being marketed for electronic cleaning, while I havent found any Isopropyl with 99.9 percent specially marketed for cleaning electronics - usually it just says general cleaning

What should I choose? What should I look for? Am looking to clean the gpu fans, board, pcb, etc. with this

Solution

the 70-percent isopropyl is being marketed for electronic cleaning, while I havent found any Isopropyl with 99.9 percent specially marketed for cleaning electronics - usually it just says general cleaning

What should I choose? What should I look for? Am looking to clean the gpu fans, board, pcb, etc. with this
I would not recommend "cleaning" most of those things with anything but a soft brush like a makeup brush. No liquids.

kanewolf

Titan

I would not recommend "cleaning" most of those things with anything but a soft brush like a makeup brush. No liquids.

Reactions: barkersofgeraldine
Solution