Question Looking to ditch my 120mm AIO for a Noctua cooler, BUT...

danrandlett

Honorable
Mar 12, 2018
Okay so I'm putting together a gameplan for a pc "rebuild." I really like the case that I got with my current PC and looking inside it seems pretty easy to work with. However, as I was taking a look at the insides I noticed a few things. One is no intake fans on the front (but maybe some places to mount one or 2? Unsure.) the other is that it seems like the setup in this case is: 120 mm AIO with the radiator in the back, and two intakes on the side. I don't see where an exhaust fan might be, but the front is pretty wide open in terms of air flow so maybe the intent is for warm air to come out the front? Thermals have always been fine up to now (7 years!). So at this point the path of least resistance is sticking with some sort of 120 mm AIO and sticking with the current case fan setup, unless the lack of front intakes isn't a concern for an air cooler? I'd really like to buy 1 new case fan at most to replace the AIO radiator if necessary. Really not in the mood to buy and install 2 or 3 new case fans.

danrandlett

Honorable
Mar 12, 2018
It's a Falcon Northwest Talon build from 2014. Case is propietary to them and they've changed the specs on this case since then and I can't find any diagrams. Size is Mid Tower ATX. May take some pictures later. Current specs are:

ASUS X79 Deluxe MB/i7 4820k/GTX 780 Ti/32 GB RAM/2 x 1 TB HDD

TRENDING THREADS