Looking to downsize my build while maintaining/enhancing performance

Jul 5, 2018
Hey everyone! I've had my current build for nearly 4+ years now. Due to different life circumstances, I'm looking to shrink down the size of my computer and shed off a few pounds while keeping the performance of the current build (or better). My current setup is a 4790k CPU with SLI 970 SSC. From previous prices, it seems the best I could get after fees and everything would be less than 280 dollars for both the cards! I was looking into getting a 1080ti and I saw the price was nearly 800 dollars! Is there a more economic option here with similar or identical results? Should I pony up the dough and just buy it? I'm happy/open to hear what you all think is best!

Solution
I would suggest buying a GTX 1070 - it will have either better or similar results to your 970 SLI setup, and shouldn't be too much expensive(if you can pony up 800 dollars, then 450 should be easier). A 1070 Ti is also a good option, if you can manage the extra cost.
I would suggest buying a GTX 1070 - it will have either better or similar results to your 970 SLI setup, and shouldn't be too much expensive(if you can pony up 800 dollars, then 450 should be easier). A 1070 Ti is also a good option, if you can manage the extra cost.

Solution
For the performance of 1080ti or titan, there is not much economical version of those; If you have the money, go for it.
Now, if you game on 1080p or 1440p display, then 1070 is sufficient ; If you game on 4K, then you have no other option but to get the 1080ti.

Jul 5, 2018

Thanks so much! It seems like the 1070ti is a slight upgrade over my current setup and it should only cost under 100 dollars after selling the previous cards.

This is the particular model I will be going with, do you see any reasons to pick a different one?

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti MINI

No problems with that model.

TRENDING THREADS