[SOLVED] Looking to fix an graphics issue im having with my new pc.

MELLOMANSOME

Honorable
Jun 30, 2014
I recently built my first pc
Pc Parts

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor | $327.20 @ Amazon
Motherboard | Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard | $189.89 @ SuperBiiz
Memory | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | $99.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $89.99 @ Amazon
Video Card | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Windforce OC Video Card | $479.99 @ Amazon
Case | Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case | $85.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply | SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $76.98 @ Newegg
Operating System | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit | $117.85 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1467.88
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-18 15:41 EDT-0400 |

--------------------------------------------------------------
Now the issue at hand any time I put a game into fullscreen I get a huge increase in saturation or some sort of yellow gamma effect in quite a few titles.
Since I don't have a Gync monitor I am using my Samsung 6 smart tv capable of 8=bit with dithering full hdr at 3840x2160 at 60hz.
Things I've tried:
calibrating colors
Nvidia setting
setting color profile
compatibility mode
all ears tho thanks for the help.

I am presuming that the PC works fine and only does this when you game in full screen mode. In windowed mode the colour is normal?

I would uninstall the NVidia drivers using DDU and do a clean Nvidia driver install.

Double check your HDMI cable (apologies if you have done this) as that could be an issue. Also try attaching the PC to another TV if you have one you can get access too...

Make sure the GPU is seated properly...

Make sure night light is of:
Open Start > Settings > System > Display
Toggle off Nightlight

Are you in Game Mode or PC mode for the Samsung TV?

I also use a Samsung 4K 55' inch TV but not in PC mode but in Blu ray mode which just makes the colours stand out and everything looks better but you have to go into the TV settings to Source, then Blu Ray Player and edit from PC to Blu Ray player...

fingers crossed others will jump in and help....

MELLOMANSOME

Honorable
Jun 30, 2014
I am presuming that the PC works fine and only does this when you game in full screen mode. In windowed mode the colour is normal?

I would uninstall the NVidia drivers using DDU and do a clean Nvidia driver install.

Double check your HDMI cable (apologies if you have done this) as that could be an issue. Also try attaching the PC to another TV if you have one you can get access too...

Make sure the GPU is seated properly...

Make sure night light is of:
Open Start > Settings > System > Display
Toggle off Nightlight

Are you in Game Mode or PC mode for the Samsung TV?

I also use a Samsung 4K 55' inch TV but not in PC mode but in Blu ray mode which just makes the colours stand out and everything looks better but you have to go into the TV settings to Source, then Blu Ray Player and edit from PC to Blu Ray player...

fingers crossed others will jump in and help....
From what it seems on this new lower rez tv it performs perfectly so this means it is an issue with the tv.

I do not see any setting tho about gaming only natural or dynamic

Last edited:

MELLOMANSOME

Honorable
Jun 30, 2014
well i have q6, but it seems to be same software used as in your TV
when u press settings on remote, menu will appear, use arrow keys to navigate,
go to source, if u have connected just PC you should be able to see PC here, if you see something else, arrow up for edit, here select PC
once in this mode, all those hdr+, digital clean view, film mode, enhanced motion stuffs will get disabled, and in quick settings u should be able to see game mode

if u watching movies, its better to use any other source