Looking To Fix Up an Old Computer

Jun 25, 2018
So I recently found a emachines T6544 desktop (it doesn't have much info online) in my dad's basement. When I took it apart, it had no CPU. So I'm looking to fix it up, wondering what CPU I should get and also a graphics card. I'm also looking forward to getting more ram, because I want to actually use this pc. The PSU is kinda shady looking and doesn't even have a 24pin connector for my motherboard! I don't really know what my budget is because I'm not paying for the repair but I would like the budget to stay under $1000 and also under $150 is great. I know I can just buy another more recent but old pc and upgrade the cpu and gpu, but i also want to restore this computer.

Original Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+
GPU: Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU
Mobo: https://www.cnet.com/products/msi-k8ngm2-l-motherboard-micro-atx-socket-939-geforce-6100-series/specs/
Hard disk: 250 gigs
Memory: 1024 MB (1 gb) 2 sticks of DDR ram dual channel capable
There is also a Modem ReadyFax phone line taking up one pci slot but i can remove it

Update: Ok guys, I'm gonna send it to be recycled. Thanks for all your feedback, going to throw this obsolete 10 yr old machine in to trash.

Solution
Dude that entire thing should have been sent to a recycler seven years ago as a seven year old PC at that time. There's a reason you can't find much info on it: eMachines was bought out by Gateway sometime in the mid-'00s and then Gateway was bought out by Acer a few years later. eMachines was very low end stuff to begin with for bargain pricing at retailers (cheap motherboard, cheap CPU, cheap memory, cheap hard drive, cheap power supply, cheap case).

Don't hold on to old hardware for sentimental sake. It's the worst money pit next to holding on to an old car and throwing thousands into it because you still like it and want to keep it running.
Dude that entire thing should have been sent to a recycler seven years ago as a seven year old PC at that time. There's a reason you can't find much info on it: eMachines was bought out by Gateway sometime in the mid-'00s and then Gateway was bought out by Acer a few years later. eMachines was very low end stuff to begin with for bargain pricing at retailers (cheap motherboard, cheap CPU, cheap memory, cheap hard drive, cheap power supply, cheap case).

Don't hold on to old hardware for sentimental sake. It's the worst money pit next to holding on to an old car and throwing thousands into it because you still like it and want to keep it running.

Solution