• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Looking to get an EVGA GeForce GTX 970 BUT which one?!?!? ACX/SC/SCC/FTW

escobedoj02

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
I am looking to invest in a new graphics card around $300 and I am starting to lean towards the EVGA GeForce GTX 970. On newegg.com there seems to be 6 different options for this card and I am unsure what to pick (ACX 2.0/ACX 2.0+/ACX 2.0 FTW/FTW+ 2.0+/SC ACX 2.0/ SuperSC ACX 2.0+). I am leaning towards the SuperSC ACX 2.0+ but I would like an explanation of these choices and which one is the most valued choice.

-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487088 (Link to page)

(Unrelated to question but related to picking a GPU)
Other options as graphics cards included the Gigabyte R9 390X. MSI Radeon RX 480, and also a EVGA GeForce GTX 980. The last one is a stretch in price and I would like to know if the GPU would be worth the extra cash.

Whocandream

Commendable
May 15, 2016
I have this same exact card. SuperSC ACX 2.0+ is your best bet. Read all the instructions before panicing about your fans btw. ATX technology controls the fan and you can tweak it with Precision X by EVGA.