Looking to have 2 display monitors, but only one works at a time

Thk12205

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
I recently purchase parts for a computer and built said computer, and when i tried to have a single display monitor, my computer is fine, but when it comes to having a second one, it doesn't seem to work. the Mobo i have is the z97 gaming 7 and when i plug the hdmi cords into it, it doesn't seem to work. I've tried both monitors and they connect well to the hdmi of the GPU, but when it comes to either of the hdmi ports in the mobo, niether of the monitors are functional. I can plug one hdmi cable into the GPU and the other into the mobo, but only the monitor connected to the GPU's hdmi port works well.

Does anyone know the solution?

Thk12205

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
■ I have both a Mother board/cpu and a GPU. There are 2 HDMI slots on the MB/cpu and 1 slot in the GPU. The GPU one works well for both the monitors and their cables.
I don't think i have activated the BIOS
Also, I haven't isntalled a driver for this one

Thk12205

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
3) I think i need help enabling it in my Bios
4) Looks like i don't need the hardware driver for the second one
5) I have a i7-4790k CPU
6) I have a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 MB

Hello... get your MB Manual/PDF out for review... you have a Intel® HD Graphics 4600 available on your CPU... ( nice CPU by the way ) B )
4) To show you the driver Download page for your IGT I need your OS system info... WIN ver? x86 or 64?
after the download we can go to this next step.
3) You need to set/enable your BIO's Graphics for IGT/PCIe or BOTH.
save your new Bios' setting and re-boot. this will allow both CPU/IGT and Video card use in Windows.