Looking to Improve FPS

Hank Crocker

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Alright well I managed to get a GFX card that I got a couple months ago to work now. I'm currently looking to optimize my PC for new and good games. I play Metro: LL, Fallout NV (Runs Pretty smooth already), Arma 2 and 3 (Having issues with FPS online). Currently my specs are

ASUS P8P67 Rev 3.1 Running Windows 7 64bit
ASUS NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 Ti with 2GB GDDR5
4gb RAM (1 x 4gb) (Also using 4gb of Virtual memory)
(QUAD) Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHZ
2 TB of Harddrive Space
Corsair HX750 PSU

With games like Arma 2 online FPS starts around 60 and then slowly declines (Went as low as 16 frames, only way I fixed this was logging out and back in) Arma 3 runs at least 30 on high while playing online. In Very Graphic stress situations in Metro: LL such as fire or fog FPS drops to at least 20, whenever it's dark the game runs at least 60. I've also got a word from a friend of mine saying there was a regulator I could get for my Processor to allow it to handle more stressful situations for games like Arma 2. Any suggestions?

EDIT: All of these games are running on what Geforce Experience believed the best optimized was (Very High)

Alexthegeekyguy

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Well about Arma 2 there was a forum thread about it and how to fix it.
http://sacriel.tv/forums/index.php?/topic/123-arma-ii-fps-fix-works-for-arma-3-too/
Check the first article. It might work on arma 3 too!
And about Metro:LL... Are you sure it is patched cause they recently released a patch about the frame rate drop............?
Try lowering some settings and physx in your NVIDIA control panel when playing Metro: LL...