[SOLVED] Looking to slowly upgrade my PC (gaming). Can someone suggest what order I should do it in and what pieces to replace with?

Nov 29, 2018
Here is my current setup:

h8dLhn6.png

Solution
Whoever picked that Mobo with that Graphics card is a real removed, Should have got one that has SLI support instead of XFire so you can have dual 970's! The 970 is less than $150 right now! Your system is really quite balanced and upgrading slowly will surely bottleneck until you get all the new parts in. But no worries, that's not that big of a deal. Start with a new GPU! The best Advice I can give you is to buy the biggest baddest, best newest card you can so it won't go obsolete before you finish your upgrades and its no longer bottlenecked, however, new graphics cards right now are insanely priced because Nvidia occasionaly sucks, SO I would wait for them to get cheaper or roll your dice in the used market. Not always bad, I...
The system is pretty balanced now, without a motherboard/CPU/RAM swap you won't get a faster CPU in there, and a faster card than the 970 may end up being bottlenecked by the CPU in certain games. After the power supply I would do the video card although nothing really needs changing. You can always move the new video card to another system if you don't see any improvement. What to replace with depends on your budget. The GTX 2070 would be the logical upgrade to the 970, but even the 1070Ti would be decently faster than the 970.

mannnelite

Reputable
BANNED
Dec 14, 2018
Whoever picked that Mobo with that Graphics card is a real removed, Should have got one that has SLI support instead of XFire so you can have dual 970's! The 970 is less than $150 right now! Your system is really quite balanced and upgrading slowly will surely bottleneck until you get all the new parts in. But no worries, that's not that big of a deal. Start with a new GPU! The best Advice I can give you is to buy the biggest baddest, best newest card you can so it won't go obsolete before you finish your upgrades and its no longer bottlenecked, however, new graphics cards right now are insanely priced because Nvidia occasionaly sucks, SO I would wait for them to get cheaper or roll your dice in the used market. Not always bad, I have a 1080 hybrid I bought "open box" from ebay for $150 cheaper than MSRP at the time. 1080 would probably be what you are looking at if you get a new card right now they are the best price for performance on the GPU market right now, although no longer the newest. After the GPU, I would get a new Power supply ASAP, just get one for 50-70 bucks, 500-600 watts either Corsair, EVGA, Rosewill, Seasonic something 80+ with a warranty, don't bother with modular as you are going for price. Honestly you may not even need to upgrade any further after that, your CPU is actually pretty good. If you still feel that you are lacking than boy are you in for an expensive upgrade! :D Go look at Newegg.com>components>upgrade solutions. Youre going to need to get a CPU, RAM, MOBO combo. And honestly, right now all we can do is speculate... Who knows what that will be out next year as far as CPU's go. We went through like 3 generations of CPU's in the past year.

Solution