Looking to Upgrade AMD PC

thegamincrow

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Hello everyone

I would like to upgrade my PC to kick it up a notch, you can find the specs below:

Manufacturer - ASUSTeK Computer Inc
Processor: AMD A10-7800 RADEON R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, 3.50ghz / 4.20ghz overclocked
System Type - 64x Bit Operating System and Based Processor
RAM - 8GB
2TB Hard Drive

Graphics Card - AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics
Approx Total Memory: 4547MB
Display Memory(VRAM) 991MB
Shared Memory: 3555MB

DirectX Features

DirectDraw Enabled
Direct3D Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration Enable

For reference, my PC can run Fortnite at 75 Percent Resolution, 1980x1080, 35 - 50 FPS, Low to Medium Settings, no motion blur, with discord in the background

Also if I wanted to upgrade say my graphics card, how would I do it? Do places like Best Buy or Staples offer PC Upgrading Services?

If you have any other tips on making my pc faster it would be appreciated.

Solution
It looks like you have ONLY integrated graphics right now. You don't have discrete graphics card.

Your specs aren't sufficient to give you a definitive answer. Get CPUZ and post the motherboard model from it. Also post the memory info. It looks like you have 4GB RAM (which is too small).

kanewolf

Titan
It looks like you have ONLY integrated graphics right now. You don't have discrete graphics card.

Your specs aren't sufficient to give you a definitive answer. Get CPUZ and post the motherboard model from it. Also post the memory info. It looks like you have 4GB RAM (which is too small).

Solution
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($158.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($134.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $373.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-30 12:32 EDT-0400

This would give you a good bit of improvement, provided you can use your current case, hard drive and,power supply