[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade Asus ms2 sli deluxe video card

Oct 15, 2018
I saw a post/thread like this on here but I need a backwards compatible reply haha--- what I mean is, I'm ignorant to what I need to know to make an upgrade happen. I noticed people were talking about power and bios updates etc. I was too afraid to get the BIOS updates because they were glitchy when Windows XP or something I read and they weren't logoed.

As for the reason I want to upgrade/replace the video card, I believe there's an issue with the video card. There's a green pixelated flickering vertical stripe down the center of the screen whenever there's a black screen and my desktop image has the traditional clouds picture and the white areas on the clouds are all pixelated as well and flickering. Plus a video game we're playing crashes whenever I open inventory and whenever I edit the appearance of my character and both of those screens have a 3D image so I don't know if the video card has anything to do with that.

I'm using Windows XP but I don't have a Windows XP boot disk nor do I have a Windows XP format desk so if anything goes wrong changing the video card, I won't have a way to install Windows XP again. (For the record I have had to reformat a computer before when it refused any and all video card I tried in it.)

I do have a question pertaining to changing/testing if the trouble is with the video card. I want to hook my monitor up to the motherboards video VGA port. Do I have to remove the video card before I plug my monitor into the motherboard VGA port? Do I have to turn off or disable the video card anywhere on the computer like a bios or anything like that before attempting to hookup the monitor to the motherboard VGA?

If I have to remove the information from somewhere on the computer to disabled the video card to enable the motherboard video option, is there a way for me to save the information I'm removing onto a flash drive so I can reverse the process if I need or want to? (I don't have internet on my computers so I can't just download information I need as easily as most people can.)

I feel like I had one more question but I can't remember what it is at the moment.

Solution
The PSU should have a label with specification.
The PSU delivers power to all components and the GPU and CPU require the most power.
So, it is necessary to now its wattage and if could power a GPU.
You could install an app like CPUZ or Speccy to get your system specs.
Oct 15, 2018
Absolutey and I would have if I knew where to get some of it. Like is PSU a power supply something? Or something else? It has 4gb of ram in sticks, but do you mean what ram in runs on. Sorry. I'm not entirely useless. :) I promise.

Oct 15, 2018
The computer is a Frankenstein so there is no label.
When I click Computer Properties, it says,
" Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 AMD Anthlon(tm)64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz, 3.50 GB of RAM Physical Address Extension"

Just download the apps from the computer you are posting here, save the files to a flash drive, connect the flash drive to the computer without internet and install the app. Run the app.