Jun 20, 2016
Current PC
Mobo = Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
CPU = Intel i5-4670K
Socket = LGA1150
GPU = Sli GTX 770 (Gigabyte Windforce)
PSU = Seasonic Snow Silent 1050 Watt - 80+ Platinum
RAM = Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB DDR3 - 1600 MHz

Approximate Purchase Date: Variable, I can wait a couple months if thats best.
Budget Range: $2200 - 2000 Euros
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Multitasking of the following things: Gaming, Movies, Browsing, Streaming (Just started to experiment with streaming)
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: CPU, MOBO, RAM, GPU
Do you need to buy OS: No
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No preference
Parts Preferences: Intel CPU / Nvidia GPU. (No Gigabyte)
Overclocking: Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Your Monitor Resolution: Currently1920x1080 But if 4k is interesting enough I might want the option to upgrade.

Comments
I am looking to upgrade as I am experiencing some lag or not enough power for the job. Multitasking is VERY important as I usually play games and watch streams at the same time.

Also modded minecraft and streaming show that my CPU is maxed out or close to max.
Games I play: CS-GO, Minecraft, Fallout 4, Soon Battlefield 1, basically a lot of different games. Also some yet to come.

I am not looking for the most silent parts, however I don't like an airplane in my room. Performance is important.

Currently selected parts:
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming

Intel i7-4790k

or the yet to come 7th generation intel i7.

Icaraeus

Honorable
Most I would change is CPU from Intel i5 to i7 from the same socket. I wouldn't upgrade anything else. If you want to go for 4K though, then GTX 1080 SLI is a good choice. Would cost you US$1500 at most.

WhiteSnow

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
Yes I have been looking at the same socket as well, BUT i cant help but feel bad for not getting something more powerfull. I am just afraid that the i7 version is gonna be maxed out fast as well. Remember I max out on minecraft / sometimes CS GO when also watching streams / streaming allready. So will the newer i7 7th generation (rumored coming late this year) help me more?

And what about cores? I dont know much about that. Will it help me significantly more if I get say 6 core CPU instead of the 4 from the i5 and i7 (1150 socket) ?

Edit: I always have multiple Chrome tabs open when playing a game. (1 stream, and browsing the web) like at this moment I have TomsHardware open, couple google tabs and a Twitch Stream (high Quality) AND I am playing minecraft.

Icaraeus

Honorable
Intel i7 won't have any problems with streaming and playing games at the same time. You can use existing socket. No need for motherboard switch. For streaming and gaming, 4 cores + HT is all you need. You don't need extreme Intel i7s. 16GiB RAM is likely all you need, but I'm not entirely certain as I never will up 8GiB RAM anyway.