Looking to upgrade for better gaming/streaming experience

May 29, 2018
I'm looking into getting a better cpu for my build, such as an i7 or a better i5, but I don't know which one would be best for my pc. I want to be able to stream the games I play without any issues. From my research, I found that I will most likely need to upgrade my power supply and motherboard as well. I would like to keep the budget around $400-$500. I appreciate all the help.

Current PC
i5-4690K
CM Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
ASRock LGA1150 Motherboard
GTX 1080
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz RAM
Seagate 1TB Hard Drive
EVGA 500W Power Supply
Windows 10

Solution
Yeah, if you want to play and stream, more threads are the way to go - I suppose you could get a Haswell era i7 cpu, so the hyperthreading would help.

Beyond that, going to a 6-core Intel or to a Ryzen, you're looking at new MB, new DDR4 RAM, possibly a PSU.

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016
to upgrade to Intel 7 you also need DDR4 Ram. But I Will Get i5 Intel Again but more better and another Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz RAM. But your i5 now should work because you can get 3.5-3.9 and thats enough to stream games. So only thinking you should upgrade the ram to 16GB

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yeah, if you want to play and stream, more threads are the way to go - I suppose you could get a Haswell era i7 cpu, so the hyperthreading would help.

Beyond that, going to a 6-core Intel or to a Ryzen, you're looking at new MB, new DDR4 RAM, possibly a PSU.

Solution