Question Looking to upgrade from a MSI ps63, need laptop suggestions

Jul 31, 2024
My current laptop is falling apart and I've been having a time and half trying to find a new one that fits my needs, would be using it for graphic design, gaming, and general use. I've heard many good things about the lenovo 5 slim/lenovo 5, but I'm really not sure
My current laptop specs are MSI ps63 Modern, i7-8565U, 16GB Ram, 512 GB Storage, 1920x1080 60Hz screen, 15.6''
---
1. What is your budget? $1500 or less, preferably cheaper than 1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6'' or less but 16'' would be A-ok

3. What screen resolution do you want? Enough for graphic design and games, doesn't have to be extreme

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Either, I'll just be moving it around the house

5. How much battery life do you need? Longer is better but largely unimportant

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, used to playing on low so maybe medium. nothing on super high

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Graphic Design, Gaming, General use

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB preferably

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? N/A

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No Apple laptops, they couldn't handle what I wanted and croaked on me, I also can't get into them and clean/repair/upgrade easily
Msi was good but it's hinges broke and it was both expensive and didn't last, so I'm concerned with their build quality
Recently ordered an Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 and it came with a ton of issues (Coil whine, popping speakers, freezing on white screen) so I'd like to stay away from that

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I like the build style of my MSI laptop (Trackpad, keyboard, general look) so if there's something similar that is just an upgrade from what I have that would be great. I don't really want something that looks super gamer-y but I also don't want to get a laptop that I'll end up frying on accident. I'm not too keen on full keyboards (with the number pad) but thats just a nitpick and I can ignore it