[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade graphics card.

Nov 30, 2019
I have the following components and am currently looking to upgrade my graphics card. My understanding is my case max gpu length is 270mm and the GPU needs to be PCI express 3.0 16 slot. The mobo seems to have a max shared memory of 2GB? I’m not sure what that means.

Looking for suggestions and help! :)

MoBo:
ASRock FM2A88M PRO3+ FM2+ 95W / FM2 100W AMD A88X (Bolton D4) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Current GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 460 100409-2GOCL 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x8 HDCP Ready Video Card

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 - Mid Tower Computer Case with High Airflow, Supporting up to Six 120mm Fans and USB 3.0

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 and Near-Silent 95W AMD Thermal Solution AD845XACKASBX

Power: EVGA 500 B1, 80+ Bronze 500W Power Supply, 3 Year Warranty, Includes Free Power On Self Tester 100-B1-0500-KR

Memory: (2x) Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Black (HX316C10FB/8)

Solution
A GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti is as far as I'd recommend going on this platform. Anything more is pretty much wasted and something stronger like a GTX 580 would require a new power supply anyway.

The mobo is a reference to if you were using an APU with that motherboard. You are not.

DSzymborski

Titan
A GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti is as far as I'd recommend going on this platform. Anything more is pretty much wasted and something stronger like a GTX 580 would require a new power supply anyway.

The mobo is a reference to if you were using an APU with that motherboard. You are not.

Solution
Nov 30, 2019
Is there any reason why I am seeing a FPS dip on league of legends? I can barely hold 60 FPS with this build At medium settings? I used to hold 150-160 at ma settings?

Nov 30, 2019
I don’t really play any other games except classic wow which runs great.

I’ve cleaned the inside of my computer, reinstalled everything multiple times, updated graphics drivers, and am fairly sure I’m running up to date windows. I thought maybe my gpu is just aging...which is why I posted.

DSzymborski

Titan
I don’t really play any other games except classic wow which runs great.

I’ve cleaned the inside of my computer, reinstalled everything multiple times, updated graphics drivers, and am fairly sure I’m running up to date windows. I thought maybe my gpu is just aging...which is why I posted.

Have you done any kind of benchmarking? Only having the issue on one game would suggest something game-related or game settings-related. A GPU doesn't really "age" in this sense.

Nov 30, 2019
No I haven’t and I’ve reinstalled league many times and I don’t think any of the settings would cause it to run slower, in fact I usually turn them down to try to increase FPS.

Any suggestions for benchmarking?