[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade my computer, any advice?

Five5hot

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2013
CPU: i7 - 6700k
Motherboard: Z170A KRAIT GAMING (MS-7984)
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

I am looking to upgrade my computer to be able to run a bit faster, newer games, and maybe be able to stream a bit for fun. Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks guys!

Solution

I am looking to upgrade my computer to be able to run a bit faster, newer games, and maybe be able to stream a bit for fun. Any advice would be really appreciated! Thanks guys!
You have a fairly good system now. I'd wait for the new stuff coming up in the next few months. Just my opinion.
i would sell that rig and build a fresh new ryzen build.
Ryzen is way better at multitasking than intel.
Intel>GAMING
RYZEN>GAMING and multitasking (streaming,video editing/rendering,etc...)
You can keep the GPU for now,so focus on new motherboard and CPU.
You can wait for new RYZEN cpus to drop,or if you need it now,what is your budget?

Reactions: Five5hot

Five5hot

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2013
i would sell that rig and build a fresh new ryzen build.
Ryzen is way better at multitasking than intel.
Intel>GAMING
RYZEN>GAMING and multitasking (streaming,video editing/rendering,etc...)
You can keep the GPU for now,so focus on new motherboard and CPU.
You can wait for new RYZEN cpus to drop,or if you need it now,what is your budget?
Don't really have a budget, but I would like to be recommended stuff within different budgets if you could! :) Not in a rush to upgrade or build a new one. Just looking for recommendations for the future. Hopefully by the end of the year or within the Cyber Monday sales. How much would you say my comp can sell for, $500-800~? My roommate has been having issues with AMD GPU and CPU causing his games to randomly crash or black screen... :(

Don't really have a budget, but I would like to be recommended stuff within different budgets if you could! :) Not in a rush to upgrade or build a new one. Just looking for recommendations for the future. Hopefully by the end of the year or within the Cyber Monday sales. How much would you say my comp can sell for, $500-800~? My roommate has been having issues with AMD GPU and CPU causing his games to randomly crash or black screen... :(
well i would say about 800-850$ including your PSU,CASE and storage which you havent stated.
But as i said i would sell just the motherboard and the cpu for 350$.You can keep the gpu and ram.
Here are the options:
If i were you i would go for the 2nd option.
I think you get most value out of it.
Also is that 1060 3gb or 6gb version?

You have a fairly good system now. I'd wait for the new stuff coming up in the next few months. Just my opinion.

Solution