Looking to Upgrade My Computer need suggestions.

Jul 27, 2018
Recently i have just thought about upgrading my Computer and need some help regarding some matters:

First off i am upgrading my processor from a Core 2 Duo to a Core 2 Quad Q6700/6600 as my Motherboard "Acer FQ965" supports them. I wanted to perform the BSEL mod on the Q6600 but soon realized that my Mobo cannot support 1333FSB. Should i upgrade my Mother board to a one that can support 1333FSB or should i just buy a Q6700?

Secondly, I wanted to buy a graphic card so i could play some average games like : Csgo , Dota etc. So i grabbed a Gt9800 for 18$ and wanted to know if this was a good desicision and if this would bottle neck my Q6700.

Finally, i am wondering if i should get 8gb of DDr2 ram or should i just stick to 4gb also i have a old hdd of 240gb space which has a pretty bad transfer speed , should i just buy a new one or should i just stick to it and will this affect my gaming performance?
P.S: on a very strict budget of $80 in which i have to buy a case and PSU as well so keeping it cheap would do
Thanks in advance!

Solution
1) I would just got with the Q6700 so you don't have to mess with modding.

2)A gt9800 would be a definitely bottleneck. Modern iGPUs are more powerful. Go to userbenchmark.com and google for game benchmarks to see what will work for you budget and games.

3)I would go with a ram upgrade. That would help gaming performance and to a small extent your load times because of things like prefetch.

dragonstar914

Proper
Jun 24, 2018
1) I would just got with the Q6700 so you don't have to mess with modding.

2)A gt9800 would be a definitely bottleneck. Modern iGPUs are more powerful. Go to userbenchmark.com and google for game benchmarks to see what will work for you budget and games.

3)I would go with a ram upgrade. That would help gaming performance and to a small extent your load times because of things like prefetch.

Solution