Looking to Upgrade my current Build

Rohry27

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I have had my current build for almost 3 years now and it has served me well however I do struggle to run some current games at high settings and would like to improve this. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should upgrade and what to upgrade it with. Cheers!

Current Build:

PCPartPicker part list: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/XF33wV

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Performance ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: ASUS VX238H 23in Widescreen LED Monitor 1080p.

Solution
depends on your budget and when you're looking to upgrade next

a 1060 will max out all current games at 1080p/60Hz
if you say you don't need to game at ultra settings or going to upgrade the GPU in 12-16months again anyway it's the best buy
if you look for a GPU that will last you 5 years and still output okayish frames in 4-6 years, or if you plan on upgrading your display in the near future to 2k or 4k even you gotta go bigger, like a 1070 or a 1080

from what I've heard the MSI GTX 1060 Gaming (X) is a nice card
I suggest a 6GB 1060 for your current setup, it looks like the reasonable decision
it's fine.
I'd upgrade in that order:

GPU > SSD > 16GBRAM
with the PSU being the big question mark as it is way overpowered with 750W but lower quality so it's hard to say how it reacts to new components. seen several people who connected a new GPU and the PSU started to fail, many people where it was just fine.

depends on your budget and when you're looking to upgrade next

a 1060 will max out all current games at 1080p/60Hz
if you say you don't need to game at ultra settings or going to upgrade the GPU in 12-16months again anyway it's the best buy
if you look for a GPU that will last you 5 years and still output okayish frames in 4-6 years, or if you plan on upgrading your display in the near future to 2k or 4k even you gotta go bigger, like a 1070 or a 1080

from what I've heard the MSI GTX 1060 Gaming (X) is a nice card
I suggest a 6GB 1060 for your current setup, it looks like the reasonable decision

Solution