Looking to upgrade my daughter laptop from pentium B950 to i7 2640M

lobontiu.nicolae

Prominent
Aug 2, 2018
The upgrade from pentium B950 to i72640M it is big difference how running the toshiba only the issue is after half an hour the laptop crush, my question is if there is somebody ho know about why or how to fix this thanks

Solution
Welcome to Tom's!
As Dudeman509 alluded to, I would also expect overheating. The issue here is that all the cooling in your laptop was sized for the lower power pentium chip, and the I7 is putting out more heat than the heatsinks on the laptop can dissipate, thereby causing the crashes.
Did you clean off the old thermal paste on the heatsinks and put new paste on with the new CPU?
Welcome to Tom's!
As Dudeman509 alluded to, I would also expect overheating. The issue here is that all the cooling in your laptop was sized for the lower power pentium chip, and the I7 is putting out more heat than the heatsinks on the laptop can dissipate, thereby causing the crashes.
Did you clean off the old thermal paste on the heatsinks and put new paste on with the new CPU?

Solution

lobontiu.nicolae

Prominent
Aug 2, 2018
Welcome to Tom's!
Nothing to do with that, i don't know what Toshiba put in it to do that .I try with i3 2370M and the same shut down to every half an hour .

TRENDING THREADS