Looking to upgrade my graphics card (New to PC)

Aug 23, 2018
Alright so recently I got an all in one PC as a gift and I’ve been needing it for work but I’ve also been wanting to do some gaming on the side and I’ve tried to but for games to run well on this PC I have to put the settings all on low to even get close to 60 FPS. I’ve heard of external graphics cards but I’m not too sure about them. I’m just looking for anyway to upgrade the graphics card so that I can game on it as well
PC: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-27-touch-screen-all-in-one-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-hp-finish-in-blizzard-white/6221031.p?skuId=6221031&cmp=RMX&extStoreId=1011&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0N3Y_sKC3QIVBf5kCh3ZigaFEAkYAiABEgIQM_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Solution

Your motherboard doesn't even have...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Your motherboard doesn't even have a PCIE slot, so it's not just limited, it's a dead-end when it comes to a discrete GPU. Neither would I recommend an external GPU without a Thunderbolt port.

Unfortunately, all-in-ones are not intended for upgrading and rarely have any capacity for significant upgrades outside of the RAM and hard drive. They're essentially laptops that are more awkward to transport.

Solution