Looking to upgrade my pc further. Which parts would be best to upgrade first and what would you recommend me upgrading?

Alex_258

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Hi.

I've been wanting to upgrade my pc for a while as I use it almost all the time. I use it mainly for gaming, disk usage is normally at a high % / CPU too. FPS in games varies dependent on the game, eg League of Legends will run at a smooth 60 fps all the time, which i'm fine with, games such as Metro/Overwatch on higher settings will run at around 30-50. Benchmarks for Heaven are around ~40 fps on Extreme. I also do a lot of programming/intensive work mainly through Eclipse and normally have a lot open of programs open at once, which is why the CPU is sometimes spiking in usage.

I'm here to ask if anyone could give me some advice as which components would be the best for me to upgrade to combat the low fps problem in some games as well as the PC sometimes running slowly when programming. Also, would an SSD help at all? Any help would be appreciated :)

My current specs are:

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k (4 Cores / 3.7GHz)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 798MHz~ One stick is 1200mhz I believe
Motherboard: Gigabyte F2a68HM-HD2
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB (MSI)
HDD: 1TB Toshiba DT01ACA100 (32mb Cache / 7200RPM)

I have an FX6300 which I could use aswell as a Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard, however, when I tried upgrading to them previously, the motherboard refused to detect the GTX 960 even after having all the drivers installed, so i'm guessing there's an issue with the motherboard PCI-E Slot.