Looking to upgrade my pc

MrStanler

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Currently i have an i3-3220 processor on a gigabyte B75M-D3V mobo and i'm looking to upgrade.
Ideally i'll be replacing everything including graphics card too eventually. I'll be using the computer mainly for gaming and streaming games too, I'm currently torn between buying the i7-3770 CPU or buying the i5-3570k and a new mobo for it as my current one doesn't support overclocking. the i5 and mobo option is slightly more expensive, but which would be better for what i want? video editing isn't something i'm heavily into so it'll be mostly for gaming and streaming games

Thanks guys :)

Solution
if i were you, i will just go with non-OC i5 ivy bridge
maybe i5 3470

the difference is small between i5 i7, even haswell or ivy
OCing cpu will just give you 5-10% something performance

GAME strongly depends on what GPU you have at the moment
if i were you, i will just go with non-OC i5 ivy bridge
maybe i5 3470

the difference is small between i5 i7, even haswell or ivy
OCing cpu will just give you 5-10% something performance

GAME strongly depends on what GPU you have at the moment

Solution

MrStanler

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
Oh wow thats awesome thank you, working out much cheaper than expected ;) As long as the i5 can see me play games while streaming comfortably i'm super happy. that was going to be another question, what GPU would you recommend? I could stretch the budget for that if i'm sticking with my mobo.

MrStanler

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
I do yeah, but its a mere HD 7750. Which i will of course be looking to replace once i replace the power supply and CPU. I'll have a look at those cards :) They'll be plenty enough to play most games on decent settings while streaming? i'm hoping to stream in 720p

MrStanler

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
This is the case i have http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Cases/Cases+with+PSUs/ARIAnet+Triumph+Black+Midi+Tower+Case+w%2F+500W+Power+Supply+?productId=50806

And i most definitely will need to upgrade the psu, which i was planning on getting before any major parts upgrade anyway

Curious, i just put this basket together and i'm tempted to pay and collect monday morning, how does it look? thanks again :)

Corsair CX600 builder series psu
i5-3570 CPU (there is no price difference between it and the 3470)
XFX AMD 7870 core DD edition GPU