[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade my pc

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
So I know theirs literally thousands of posts on this but i need direct advice being that things change every day. So currently ive got a asrock ab350m pro 4 motherboard, ryzen 5 2400g corsair vengence lpx ddr4 3200 2x4gb, gtx 1060 6gb. Im wondering in your opinion what is the best parts to get the most preformance out of the system? Im looking at keeping the 1060 and the motherboard if i can. Looking mainly at processors and ram. If theirs a benefit of upgrading the motherboard id look at it too. Im thinking of upgrading to a 2600x and 16 gigs of 3200 vengence. Id like to get a 3600 for the benefits of 3rd gen ryzen, but i dont think the graphics card will be good enough for it. I dont want to worry about bottlenecks. My plan is for this system to last me for the next few years until new technologies come out and i build a whole new system. Thanks.

Solution
I was looking at that and i see now their planning on allowing b450 mb and 4th gen ryzen, my only issue is before i buy anything i gotta watch prices, i dont necessarily wanna drop another 800-1k on a pc when i can just upgrade my current one if ya get what i mean. Yeah i am saving money by already having the case, fans, and storage, but its still probably about 700 for a new board, gpu, and cpu when my current one works pretty good. Maybe upgrade to a b450 mb and a 2700x or something like that get me 16 gigs of ram at a faster speed? I am worried though that the 1060 will start to bottleneck the cpu which is something i dont want.
I see.
In that case, how about a new GPU and a good 2x8 GB 3600mhz RAMs that will last you for...
May 9, 2020
I wouldn't upgrade the CPU to Ryzen 2600x, the difference is not worth it imo. You can update the bios for Ryzen 3600 but I also think that is not worth it. If anything, I'd say keeping your current PC until next gen CPUs and GPUs release would be the better option instead of upgrading now.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
I feel like a graphics card upgrade would make the most noticeable change? Not sure though.. Do you have an m.2 drive? My computer is ready to go within seconds of booting. I had a SATA ssd boot drive and I switched to m.2. Now razer synapse which used to take 60 seconds to load during startup is ready immediately. Maybe it was just a really cheap SATA ssd though.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
I wouldn't upgrade the CPU to Ryzen 2600x, the difference is not worth it imo. You can update the bios for Ryzen 3600 but I also think that is not worth it. If anything, I'd say keeping your current PC until next gen CPUs and GPUs release would be the better option instead of upgrading now.
I was looking at that and i see now their planning on allowing b450 mb and 4th gen ryzen, my only issue is before i buy anything i gotta watch prices, i dont necessarily wanna drop another 800-1k on a pc when i can just upgrade my current one if ya get what i mean. Yeah i am saving money by already having the case, fans, and storage, but its still probably about 700 for a new board, gpu, and cpu when my current one works pretty good. Maybe upgrade to a b450 mb and a 2700x or something like that get me 16 gigs of ram at a faster speed? I am worried though that the 1060 will start to bottleneck the cpu which is something i dont want.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
I feel like a graphics card upgrade would make the most noticeable change? Not sure though.. Do you have an m.2 drive? My computer is ready to go within seconds of booting. I had a SATA ssd boot drive and I switched to m.2. Now razer synapse which used to take 60 seconds to load during startup is ready immediately. Maybe it was just a really cheap SATA ssd though.
I dont have a m.2 in the system but its pretty quick at loading stuff. I dont have enough space to keep many games on it so its mostly for apps like google or video editors and such. Im mainly looking for the best upgrade path possible to pair with the 1060, since gpus are still fairly expensive now even if id try for a 1070 or even 1080. I would love to get the latest gen stuff but money really doesnt permit it for what id be using it for.

May 9, 2020
I see.
In that case, how about a new GPU and a good 2x8 GB 3600mhz RAMs that will last you for next gens? Should be around 300$.
Check these combinations out, and scroll down for fps estimations: https://www.cpuagent.com/build-comp...uality=high-vs-high-vs-high&ram=16-vs-16-vs-8

Solution