[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade my processor.

Feb 27, 2019
I'm looking to upgrade my processor. I'm definitely shooting for an integrated graphics processor. I'm basically rebuilding a cheapo PC. I mainly use it for gaming. I'm looking for a processor that is budget friendly. I've read that the AMD Ryzen 5 is good. Any suggestions?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
When you say 'rebuilding a cheapo pc' just how much are you rebuilding? To run a new Ryzen cpu, you really won't be rebuilding at all since you'll need new mobo, new ram, new cpu. That's slapping a new pc into an old case.

If you are looking to just get the best cpu for your existing stuff, that's different.

So what's the old system you have

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019
If you must use integrated graphics, AMD wins hands down. Still, you have to manage expectations - on new AAA titles you won't be running 1080p/ultra, but you should be able to do medium or low and get reasonable framerates. Also you will need to use fast ram (DDR4 3200mhz, CAS16 or lower) to get the most out of Ryzen and its iGPU:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12425/marrying-vega-and-zen-the-amd-ryzen-5-2400g-review/5

Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and ordered the Ryzen 5 2400g and 2 sticks of DDR 4 3200mhz 8 gig RAM. Were I to upgrade my mobo, would you have any suggestions?