Looking to Upgrade PC

GhostBro

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Hi! I recently got a PC for Christmas and i'm using it for gaming. Well, it's not the best thing ever. I'm looking to make some upgrades to it. Please someone give me there opinion on my upgrades please! :D

PC Specs:
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Compaq 6005 Pro SFF PC
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 B24 Processor, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor...
RAM: 8.00GB (7.50 Usable)
Power: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )

Feel Free to tell me if you would like extra specs!

G

what is your budget?
I would sell this, and built from scratch.

rehed21

Honorable
Aug 9, 2013
It's not a very good computer to begin with and any real potential upgrades would likely cost what the computer is worth. You could buy a low power graphic card (your power supply does not have enough watts for much else) to give you some improvement over the integrated graphics. Or you could buy a power supply and a higher power graphic card. You could also purchase the best CPU that your motherboard supports, but it would not be as good as newer CPU's. I'm guessing your motherboard is pretty limited in overclocking ability. Your amount of memory is good. If I was in your situation and I didn't have much money, I would buy (used) a good low power graphic card that I could until I could save money to purchase a newer and better system. Good luck.

mattwd

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Depends on your budget.

Does it have a video card? If not and you're looking for something cheap, look around for a radeon 6570 or something roughly equivalent on ebay for $35. Otherwise I wouldn't really bother too much.

The best video card you would even be able to put in there would be a Radeon HD 7770 ($110) seeing as you probably only have a 300W oem power supply.

You could also upgrade the processor but as far as gaming is concerned there is really no point as you will see much more improvement from a video card upgrade

TRENDING THREADS