Question Looking to upgrade ram (HP Omen 880-020)

Nov 1, 2022
Hey everyone, I have a prebuilt HP Omen (880-020) which unfortunately seems a bit limited on the upgrade front. I am not currently looking to upgrade my motherboard (I'd just start over with a new build)

I want to ideally upgrade my ram from the current (not original with the PC) -
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A2400C16), Vengeance LPX Black, 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Here is a link to my build's specs:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05525813

_

What I need to know is 1. can I go beyond 3200mhz? (I realize my voltage is 1.2v, so this is likely no) 2. If I can't go beyond 3200mhz, should I invest into 32gb? 3. If for some reason my rig can't support 3200mhz, should I just upgrade to 32gb with what I already have?

I am not satisfied with the speed or the amount. I do a lot more with my PC than gaming these days, videos and somewhat more demanding tasks and I've noticed my memory getting used more and more.

Thanks in advance. If you have a non-motherboard suggestion besides ram, let me know as well.

Hey everyone, I have a prebuilt HP Omen (880-020) which unfortunately seems a bit limited on the upgrade front. I am not currently looking to upgrade my motherboard (I'd just start over with a new build)

I want to ideally upgrade my ram from the current (not original with the PC) -
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A2400C16), Vengeance LPX Black, 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Here is a link to my build's specs:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05525813

_

What I need to know is 1. can I go beyond 3200mhz? (I realize my voltage is 1.2v, so this is likely no) 2. If I can't go beyond 3200mhz, should I invest into 32gb? 3. If for some reason my rig can't support 3200mhz, should I just upgrade to 32gb with what I already have?

I am not satisfied with the speed or the amount. I do a lot more with my PC than gaming these days, videos and somewhat more demanding tasks and I've noticed my memory getting used more and more.

Thanks in advance. If you have a non-motherboard suggestion besides ram, let me know as well.
I don't think your mobo will support faster than 2400 speed.

If you are using all the ram you have now then you can update to 32GB.

Get the proper bios and drivers then do a little house cleaning.

Might be all that's needed to bump things along.