[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade system, want to make sure I do the PSU right.

Oct 23, 2020
Looks like I’m going to be going with the MSI MEG Z490 Unify motherboard, an i7-10700k, G.skill 3600mhz DDR4 (16gb at first, eventually 32) and the new 6800xt when it comes out. 5 case fans+2 mounted on a 240mm AIO. Custom liquid loop is constantly on my mind so let’s factor enough wattage for a loop for CPU and GPU in future. CPU and GPU will both be overclocked, though nothing extreme, RAM will probably stick with XMP profiles.

Calculators have given me differing answers, and I’m not quite sure how much headroom I should have with such a system. I don’t really want to get some 1000w monster if it’s not needed, but as the title says, I’d rather get this right the first time. Will the Corsair RM 750x handle this? If not, any minimum/recommended suggestions?

Oct 23, 2020
Are you talking about at launch? Or ever, somehow? I'm fine having to wait a while, but that's the intended build, even if it takes another 6 months for that part.

Edit: Anyway, so there isn't any good reason I'd have to step up to an 850w or something more, even assuming a custom loop?

Oct 23, 2020
Ah, cool. I’m not really familiar with PSU’s, not sure what they should cost. Anyway, I ordered that 850 so I guess this has been solved. Thanks!

Reactions: Vic 40

Latest posts