Question Looking to upgrade. Tips please

ominous11

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2014
Hey there,

I built my computer when the 980 TI came out. Iwas wondering if I kept the 980 TI's could I upgrade things like the MOBO and CPU for a lot better performance in games ? I currently play Destiny 2.

If so what would you guys recommend ? I also would like to stay black and white themed if possible haha ( I know my MoBo isn't atm but I like to change that )

WildCard999

Titan
Does Destiny 2 handle SLI well? (no microstuttering or graphical errors?)

If so then keep the cards. If the CPU hasn't been overclocked then that's something worth trying to get a bit more performance.

If your looking to upgrade the CPU/MB/RAM then I'd probably recommend giving AMD Ryzen 3rd gen a look as its a good price to performance pick.

If you prefer Intel then I'd probably get the 9700K/Z390 MB & DDR4 memory.

ominous11

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2014
Does Destiny 2 handle SLI well? (no microstuttering or graphical errors?)

If so then keep the cards. If the CPU hasn't been overclocked then that's something worth trying to get a bit more performance.

If your looking to upgrade the CPU/MB/RAM then I'd probably recommend giving AMD Ryzen 3rd gen a look as its a good price to performance pick.

If you prefer Intel then I'd probably get the 9700K/Z390 MB & DDR4 memory.

So far it handle SLI like a charm but the reason why I asked about upgrading was becasue my cpu is OC at 4.4 stabled but D2 will eat up 100% usage and freeze up on me in certain parts of the game.

I have no preference I'm just a gamer not a techy haha

WildCard999

Titan
So far it handle SLI like a charm but the reason why I asked about upgrading was becasue my cpu is OC at 4.4 stabled but D2 will eat up 100% usage and freeze up on me in certain parts of the game.

I have no preference I'm just a gamer not a techy haha
With that overclock it does have good performance per core but yea 4 cores nowadays can be quite limiting especially for more open world titles like D2.

What could you spend on upgrades?

WildCard999

Titan
Budget isn't really a problem but at the same time i would never buy a titan gpu for 1200-1600 ( CDN) ( just an example haha
Fair enough. The AMD Ryzen 3600 is a really good GPU for the price but if you want to stick with Intel then I'd go with the 9700K. If you go with the 9700K then you'll want a better cooler then the H60 as it runs pretty warm.

Reactions: ominous11

ominous11

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2014
Fair enough. The AMD Ryzen 3600 is a really good GPU for the price but if you want to stick with Intel then I'd go with the 9700K. If you go with the 9700K then you'll want a better cooler then the H60 as it runs pretty warm.
ok thanks man ! I'll do some research with that info and maybe ask a question or two in a couple days but thanks !!