[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade to G.skill Aegis

Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
Hello everyone, I've been thinking in finnaly upgrading my 8Gb of RAM from samsung (it came pre-installed on a build i bough some years ago, at the time i didn't know how to build it myself) and I came upon the Aegis from G.Skill

I was looking foward into buying the 2x16 for a total of 32Gb with a speed of 3000Mhz and a price (after local taxes) of 144€ they'll be matching with a GTX 1060 3Gb (later with a RTX 2060 if the NAVI Gpus from AMD are not worth it) and an I7-6700k which gets the job done for me.

Main needs: Coding, Gaming with strategy games and some rpgs (also throw in popular games like siege; cs:go; LoL; Minecraft with mods so I can mess around with my friends when we don't have anything else... you get the main idea) and also some video editing as a hobby (usually short videos of drones no longer than 10-15 minutes each)

Will I be happy with the purchase? Is the price worth it? Should I aim for less RAM?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I think you would do just fine with 16GB. Also, if it is a pre-built system does it have a Z-series motherboard? If not, then you can only run up to DDR4 2400MHz RAM. *The 3000MHz would work, but it would only run at 2400MHz.

Rui_Cardona_1

Reputable
Jun 13, 2019
I think you would do just fine with 16GB. Also, if it is a pre-built system does it have a Z-series motherboard? If not, then you can only run up to DDR4 2400MHz RAM. *The 3000MHz would work, but it would only run at 2400MHz.

Man I overlooked that factor completly, I have an H series so I don't see a need to buy faster RAM at all.

Thanks for the help, I'll take what you said into absolute consideration

Man I overlooked that factor completly, I have an H series so I don't see a need to buy faster RAM at all.

Thanks for the help, I'll take what you said into absolute consideration
I said 2400MHz, but it very well could be 2133MHz. Intel 100 series mobos are limited to 2133MHz and 200 series are limited to 2400MHz; unless of course you have a Z-series, or I know the H170 Pro Gaming from Asus can run up to 2666MHz RAM. It's not very common though.