Looking to upgrade to Intel....

First system you linked, get faster memory, and get a 2x 8GB kit. 1866 CL 9 or 10 should make a difference. And it should be cheaper than the memory you selected. I saw a kit there from Mushkin a couple nights ago that would be a good choice. And I do not yet like the stability of Windows 10, not to even mention all of the data collection they have given themselves the right to do on you in their license. Get Windows 7 or 8.1 now, take the free upgrade if you decide to make the jump before July 29, 2016.

Second system, EVGA B power supplies are not good... Take your choice of one of these top of the line power supplies:

EVGA 110-B2-0750-VR 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $75.99 - $30 mail in rebate = $44.99

SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Non-Modular ATX Power Supply $68.99

Same issue with the memory here as the first system. 1866 CL 9 or 10 trumps 1333 memory.

I guess I am surprised you did not put together a new Skylake system. Between the upgrades in the CPU and the Z170 chipset, its going to rock the Intel world for years.

Just for a point of reference, here is a pcpartpicker system I put together a couple of nights ago for someone. The Mushin memory I talked about above is in this system: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FK2RP6

Cydone

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014

The memory speed doesn't do much as far as gaming, and this is mainly what this rig is for. I will be doing some video rendering, but mostly just gaming. Also, I had forgotten about the Skylake lol. So, updated the list. The only reason I went with the RAM is cause I had 4x4GB sticks in my AMD rig. So I can take 8GB of that and just buy another 8GB kit to get the 16GB I want in the New rig, without having to buy a whole new 16GB set.

Mixing memory kits is begging for trouble.

Memory controllers that only have to deal with 2 sticks of ram work work more often that trying to get them to work with 4 sticks. What most people do not realize is that under the hood, memory has dozens and dozens of settings. The memory controller has to find one set of settings that will allow it to talk to each and every stick there.

Buy 2x 8GB and sell what you have now.

Cydone

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014

If I only used 2 sticks I wouldn't be able to take advantage of the Dual Channel Memory. And I'm using the same speed, the same brand, so the issues should be minimal. And I've never even heard of that RAM you are talking about. Never even seen them on newegg lol.

Cydone

Reputable
Oct 11, 2014

Because, and I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm right, the first 2 slots(well the 1st and 3rd slot) = 1 channel. The second 2 slots(2nd and 4th slot) = the second channel. And memory speeds affect game performance by such a minimal amount that it's not even noticeable. It's like saying that an SSD will improve my games performance, when it will only affect the load times.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Normally slot 1-2 by the CPU are Channel A and slots 3-4 from CPU are channel B - so you populate slots 1-3 or 2-4 to enable dual channel (1 in each channel)