[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade using the LGA1151 socket.

Jixs__

Reputable
May 16, 2017
Looking to upgrade from a i5-6500 , I like this cpu but I feel like its holding my build back a little bit. Do you guys have any recommendations of what cpus I can upgrade to using the same socket? The reason I want to upgrade is that I find myself sometimes struggling to keep at least 100 frames. Usually, I have all settings on low as well in comp games.

Sorry for lack of info before, I mostly play R6 and CSGO competitively my specs are:
CPU-I5-6500
GPU-RX570
MEMORY- 16 G HYPER X FURY 2444
HDD- 1TB
MOBO-Prime H270 PLUS

Last edited:
Solution
Depends on the games. Multi threaded games like gta5 or battlefield 4+ show marked improvements with 8 thread possible cpus vrs a quad core. Other games like CSGO only show improvements due to clock speed/IPC gains as they run less than 4 threads.

Gonna be up to you if that's worth the value of an i7 vrs i5. But be warned, with Covid price gouging going nuts atm, even older platforms are feeling the crunch as many people use the time to upgrade from i5 to i7 and sellers are taking advantage.

Ebay is asking upto $700, Amazon (3rd party sale) is asking $900 for an X570 itx mobo that 2 months ago was $249 on newegg. Ebay: 2060 Super, $1300.

Might not be the best time to update, yet.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the games. Multi threaded games like gta5 or battlefield 4+ show marked improvements with 8 thread possible cpus vrs a quad core. Other games like CSGO only show improvements due to clock speed/IPC gains as they run less than 4 threads.

Gonna be up to you if that's worth the value of an i7 vrs i5. But be warned, with Covid price gouging going nuts atm, even older platforms are feeling the crunch as many people use the time to upgrade from i5 to i7 and sellers are taking advantage.

Ebay is asking upto $700, Amazon (3rd party sale) is asking $900 for an X570 itx mobo that 2 months ago was $249 on newegg. Ebay: 2060 Super, $1300.

Might not be the best time to update, yet.

Solution