[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade

Oct 7, 2019
Hello there,
I have a big quiestion about upgrading pc's. Since i'm new to this world of building and upgrading, need some help with parts and stuff.
My system right now runs :
  • MSI Z270-A PRO
  • Intel i7-7700K ( I can't tell name of the cooler, but it's not an watercooler for sure)
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4-2400MHz (i hope i'm right on this one)
  • M.2 SSD 850 Evo 250GB & 2TB HDD WD®
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
And recently I was thinking about upgrading my pc, so if somebody out there knows a bit (or even better - a lot) than me,myself and I.
Would like to get some info about what to upgrade or what to add.

I was thinking about more RAM and faster one, but also would like to have better CPU and Graphics card.
Any info about ugrading and what exactly should i buy first, will be appriciated.
Also, i'm streaming and the thing is cpu is underperforming on slower presets, so i use NVENC, but that doesnt matter for this topic.

Have a great day and thankyou in advance.

Solution
If there's really no budget limit then this is the best gaming CPU out there.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($479.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($234.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $714.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-07 11:07 EDT-0400

You would need a good CPU cooler.

Also anytime you change over the motherboard you need to do a clean install of Windows.
Oct 7, 2019
What could you spend on upgrades?

What resolution/refresh rate is your monitor?

You have the best CPU for your motherboard so if you upgraded the CPU you will also need to upgrade the motherboard as well.

I don't have an exact budget on upgrades, looking forward just to upgrade to the best possible parts i can.
I'm running 3 monitors, 75Hz / 144Hz / 240Hz (as a main)

yes, the cpu part was the scariest one.. i had a clue, i will need to upgrade my motherboard.
But also i was afraid, if i upgrade cpu and motherboard, will i be able to use the same parts what i use now.

Oct 7, 2019
Not that I'm aware of. I just wanted to make sure it's a good unit and would support higher end gaming as well as possible overclocking.

With a 1080P/240hz monitor & streaming you may want to consider getting something like the Ryzen 3700X or possibly even the 9900KF.

Okey, so i need to upgrade my MOBA first and then get the 9900K
What psu should I at least have? as long as i know i got be quiet! one, but i don't know how much Watt do i have.. on the back of the case i see only "be quiet! 200-240Vac" text above the switch.
What Moba should i consider to buy?
What about GPU ? should i upgrade it to something like the RTX versions or is it okay for now?

WildCard999

Titan

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($234.99 @ Amazon)

Also anytime you change over the motherboard you need to do a clean install of Windows.

Solution
Oct 7, 2019

PCPartPicker Part List

Nice, added to cart, will be buying these two in the next weeks.
And what about the cooler? will the stock cooler i have, be alright or do i need something to change about it?
Also, will i need to first delete the windows and after switching motherboards, install new one? Or i will be able switch and then fresh install and delete everything with the old one?

WildCard999

Titan
You need a good aftermarket cooler to handle that CPU. I can only make a recommendation on it if I know what case you have. It also might be possible for your current CPU cooler to work with it.

As for Windows, put the Windows 10 ISO on a flash drive and when you boot up the system keep hitting F11 (I think) which should bring up the boot menu, select the flash drive from there to do a clean install of Windows. And as always backup any important files.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Oct 7, 2019
You need a good aftermarket cooler to handle that CPU. I can only make a recommendation on it if I know what case you have. It also might be possible for your current CPU cooler to work with it.

As for Windows, put the Windows 10 ISO on a flash drive and when you boot up the system keep hitting F11 (I think) which should bring up the boot menu, select the flash drive from there to do a clean install of Windows. And as always backup any important files.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

This is the case i got [link]
I love the glass case, but it's too much of a glass,lol.

Oct 7, 2019
Hello there,
I have a big quiestion about upgrading pc's. Since i'm new to this world of building and upgrading, need some help with parts and stuff.
My system right now runs :
  • MSI Z270-A PRO
  • Intel i7-7700K ( I can't tell name of the cooler, but it's not an watercooler for sure)
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4-2400MHz (i hope i'm right on this one)
  • M.2 SSD 850 Evo 250GB & 2TB HDD WD®
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC
And recently I was thinking about upgrading my pc, so if somebody out there knows a bit (or even better - a lot) than me,myself and I.
Would like to get some info about what to upgrade or what to add.

I was thinking about more RAM and faster one, but also would like to have better CPU and Graphics card.
Any info about ugrading and what exactly should i buy first, will be appriciated.
Also, i'm streaming and the thing is cpu is underperforming on slower presets, so i use NVENC, but that doesnt matter for this topic.

Have a great day and thankyou in advance.
Faster ram isn't really worth the upgrade because it doesn't make much of a difference. If you upgrade ram you would want to go quantity over quality, but at this point you probably don't even need to. If you want your stream to look better you might want to consider a dedicated streaming car, like one of the Elgato ones. This is a 4k one https://www.amazon.com/Capture-MK-2...t=&hvlocphy=9023209&hvtargid=pla-811919268926. Okay that was a longer link than I thought, but there are other choices of cards. Your GTX 1080 may not be the fastest card in the world anymore, But it is still one of the most coveted and powerful cards only second only to the RTX 2080 line so I wouldn't recommend upgrading GPU unless you want to go super overkill and use SLI or something. I would overall recommend water cooling, maybe a better monitor, or if you specifically want to stream and Elgato streaming card( you would have to do research on that though i'm to poor for that stuff)

If you're streaming and running a 240hz high refresh rate panel, I would wait for 14nm Comet Lake Desktop processors to drop in Q1 of 2020 or go with an i9 9900k build now. As you know streaming is very taxing on the processor and triple A titles are beginning to make use of 8 cores/16 threads. Not only will you need a high core count processor for these titles and streaming, you'll need Intel's 1ghz + boost clocks over AMD to match FPS with 240hz refresh rate of your monitor.

You're in a good position now because 2020 will be Intel's first counter to AMD Ryzen third gen's recent competition in over a decade. If you simply must upgrade now, then it's i9 9900k or bust because you'll never fully utilize your 240hz refresh rate monitor with anything less. For less demanding esports titles that is a whole different story, as you'd be able to get away with more budget friendly options.

Oct 7, 2019
If we are talking about streaming - than i got one extra pc to stream via NVENC encoder, it's not even close enough so powerfull as my gaming rig, but it's doing it's job well. Using the elgato hd60 pro / i7-4790 / gtx 970
anyways ... at this moment i have urge to upgrade my main gaming pc. There is not a lot of games i play on high (even i can) by remaining my fps stable at 240+/- Mostly only fps games i'm playing.
But i think it's time to upgrade, so as a Wildcard told , i will be getting that moba/cpu and cooling system.

as for fiting the pc (with that cooler, you mentioned Wildcard) ..I just hope it will, since i don't have an actual clue. Mby on a picture it seems to be larger than in real life, got to see with my own eyes.
At this moment i even don't even what made my cooler, all i have is the txt via mail (german language)
CPU-Cooler: Multisockel - HeatPipe Tower-Kühler
odd enough, no brands on the cooler or when i bought the pc.