[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade

Triwis

Honorable
Nov 27, 2014
Hello people,

I am looking to upgrade my system and was wondering what would make the biggest impact. My build is a few years old, but it still decent I believe.
  • Motherboard Asus P8P67
  • Intel Core i7-2600 @3.4 Ghz (O.C to 4.0 Ghz)
  • CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO
  • 4x4GB Kingston DDR3 RAM @1333 Mhz
  • Nvidia GTX 970
  • 2 Noctua fans, one at the front and one at the rear. (Don't remember the size, however)
I was thinking of switching the RAM. According to the specs of the motherboard, the fastest I could go is 2133 Mhz. But would that make much of an impact? I mostly use the computer for gaming. I recently got my hands on Cyberpunk. The game was running smooth on Medium quick preset. I haven't tried going higher than that for now. Usually, during a gaming session, the CPU will constantly be in the 90% with a temperature around the 65 C.
EDIT: I actually went for a quick ride on Ultra Preset in Cyberpunk. The game was running between 25 and 35 FPS while I was driving and during heavy shooting combat, which I am very surprised

I do believe that my bigger issue is my motherboard, but changing that would mean big expenses, so that is why I ask here. Is there something I can upgrade that will make a difference?

If you need more info, let me know!

Last edited:
Solution
Hello people,

I am looking to upgrade my system and was wondering what would make the biggest impact. My build is a few years old, but it still decent I believe.
  • Motherboard Asus P8P67
  • Nvidia GTX 970
  • 2 Noctua fans, one at the front and one at the rear. (Don't remember the size, however)
I was thinking of switching the RAM. According to the specs of the motherboard, the fastest I could go is 2133 Mhz. But would that make much of an impact? I mostly use the computer for gaming. I recently got my hands on Cyberpunk. The game was running smooth on Medium quick preset. I haven't tried going higher than that...
Hello people,

• Motherboard Asus P8P67
  • Nvidia GTX 970
I was thinking of switching the RAM. According to the specs of the motherboard, the fastest I could go is 2133 Mhz. But would that make much of an impact? I mostly use the computer for gaming. I recently got my hands on Cyberpunk. The game was running smooth on Medium quick preset. I haven't tried going higher than that for now. Usually, during a gaming session, the CPU will constantly be in the 90% with a temperature around the 65 C.
EDIT: I actually went for a quick ride on Ultra Preset in Cyberpunk. The game was running between 25 and 35 FPS while I was driving and during heavy shooting combat, which I am very surprised

I do believe that my bigger issue is my motherboard, but changing that would mean big expenses, so that is why I ask here. Is there something I can upgrade that will make a difference?

If you need more info, let me know!
Hello there!
While there could be few performance increase by a high frequency memory but it generally is not that affective so imo it's a-no no. Id say wait and enjoy the game, later upgrade to a modern gpu and cpu and play the game again and you'd get a different experience overall.

Solution

Triwis

Honorable
Nov 27, 2014
Hello there!
While there could be few performance increase by a high frequency memory but it generally is not that affective so imo it's a-no no. Id say wait and enjoy the game, later upgrade to a modern gpu and cpu and play the game again and you'd get a different experience overall.

Alright thanks! I'll put the money aside to eventually do a full upgrade. Thanks for the feedback!