[SOLVED] Looking to upgrade.

Matthew.51

Prominent
Jun 6, 2020
Hi Im looking to make some upgrades to my current rig and would like to here your thoughts/guidance.

ATM
Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE (atx)
Ryzen 2600x
Scythe fuma 2
3200mhz corsair ddr4 2*8GB
RTX2060
250Gb Nvme ssd
2tb hard drive
700 w psu
Cooler master MB600L which I would like to change as its not got good air flow.

And I am debating weather or not to change motherboard, cpu,ram and case as I want to go micro atx when the new Rysen 6000 comes out.
or try and get a second hand or new 5600x.

With a GPU change much later down the line

Solution
Nothing wrong with your case.
If cooling is not sufficient, Install a good pair of 140mm front intakes.
They move a lot of air. Noctua makes some good ones, I would expect 1500rpm to do the job, but you can get them in 3000 rpm barn burners.
On cpu, 5000 series is a good upgrade.
The IPC is much better.

I like MATX if you want a compact case. But any MATX motherboard you can buy today will be obsolete tomorrow when intel 12th gen or ryzen next gen comes out

Matthew.51

Prominent
Jun 6, 2020
With newer titles coming out I want to make some last upgrades before Uni as I will not be able to afford them come next year. And I don't think my system will run as well soon.

I want to go micro atx when the new Rysen 6000 comes out.
Isn't it a bit early to be planning for that? I'm not sure the rumor mills have confirmed even that model numbering sequence to be correct.

5600X should work well enough but more might be prove trying on that motherboard. Be sure to update BIOS to latest before taking the 2600x out.

I agree that changing case should be a priority as while the Fuma 2 should be decent enough any air cooler is only as good as case ventilation allows.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with your case.
If cooling is not sufficient, Install a good pair of 140mm front intakes.
They move a lot of air. Noctua makes some good ones, I would expect 1500rpm to do the job, but you can get them in 3000 rpm barn burners.
On cpu, 5000 series is a good upgrade.
The IPC is much better.

I like MATX if you want a compact case. But any MATX motherboard you can buy today will be obsolete tomorrow when intel 12th gen or ryzen next gen comes out

Solution