Looking to upgrade.

tkananen

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
So I am looking at upgrading my computer some more!
My parts are:
CPU: AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz)
RAM: 8 GBB ddr3
CASE:AZZA
GPU:Radeon Amd 7770
PSU: Coolmax 750w
MOBO: Not Sure of specific one, but from http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229285
Harddrive: 500gb SATA II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM

Running Windows 7 on 64-bit.

I am looking next to upgrading motherboard for more upgrade-ability but i am unsure if i want to go amd motherboard and get a top of the line AMD CPU and have an AMD based computer. Or get an intel motherboard and go with an i-5.

TL/DR: Not sure if i want to go intel or amd when upgrading mobo and cpu.

Thank you for any answers!

Do you need it now ?
In June there will be the haswell cpus, it could prove to be a good choice waiting for it.
As for the current options, the best choice is either upgrade the cpu for a FX-6300/8320 with your current mobo(that link doesn't show what mobo it is, i'm guessing it has support for piledriver cpus) or buy an i5-3470+h77 mobo.
You have a terrible psu, if it's for gaming, you can also upgrade later the card and psu.

tkananen

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
Hey guys thanks for all the responses but funny thing is I just got that graphics card so am hoping to keep it for a bit longer. I was wondering if i should go with an intel mobo/gpu combo or amd. ideas? Pros and Cons? FX-8150 vs. Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge? I dont want to spend more then 230 on a gpu and about 150 on a mobo. Us dollars.

In my opinion if you don't want to add another card, just stay with the current cpu and mobo, the FX-4100 doesn't bottleneck the 7770, and wait for the new cpus that will come in the summer(intel haswell cpus, it might also appear some amd cpu, but it's not certain).

camohanna

Distinguished

By gpu, you mean cpu? i5-3570k + Asrock z77 extrem4 can be picked up from a microcentre for around $300 then just slap a cm hyper 212 evo ontop and your good to go