Lookingways to fix my laptop which is underperforming????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamersbuff

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Hello guys i bought a laptop a couple months ago and i just keep having the same problem.Every time i install an nvidia driver i notice that in the first few days the laptop is performing as it should with good fps(e.g league of legends stable 120fps) and then suddenly drops to 40-60 which is really annoying and this happens to every game.I have tried every obvious and know reason like putting my laptop in high performance or selecting nvdia gpu from control panel.I was forced deleting and installing nvidia drivers to have the normal performance but i ve now downloaded the new windows 10 and cant find the place to delete the driver and install it again but anyway

My laptop spec
Cpu:I7-4510U
Gpu 840m
Ram: 8gb

Solution
I forget about instruction for cleaning drivers.

Use this http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html *this program linked by me.
And follow instruction :
Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
Reboot to normal mode.
Install fresh drivers.

Gamersbuff

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015

My temps are 60-68 the most when the weather is to hot on gpu as for deleting i ve tried that and i didnt see a difference'

DeathRabit

Distinguished
I forget about instruction for cleaning drivers.

Use this http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html *this program linked by me.
And follow instruction :
Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
Reboot to normal mode.
Install fresh drivers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.