Looks like all Pentium-D's are supported by Nvidia Nforce

Previously it was reported that Nvidia Nforce chipsets would support
all Pentium-D's except the lowest speed 2.8Ghz version. This got some
of our heads scratching as to what the difference was between the
Pentium-D's? Well, it looks like Nforce will work with 2.8Ghz afterall,
Nvidia just didn't feel anyone would want to use Nforce with that
model. Go figure. :)

Dual core does work on Nforce 4 Intel edition
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25129

Yousuf Khan

Ed

On 3 Aug 2005 13:52:15 -0700, "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>Nvidia just didn't feel anyone would want to use Nforce with that
>model. Go figure. :)

Ya right!

mygarbage2000

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 16:47:46 -0500, Ed <spam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 3 Aug 2005 13:52:15 -0700, "YKhan" <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Nvidia just didn't feel anyone would want to use Nforce with that
>>model. Go figure. :)
>>
>Ya right!
While technically it is no big deal to enable support, it may be
contrary to the letter of the licensing agreement between INTC and
NVDA, or possibly some unwritten agreements. INTC would not want
another competitor in chipset business, so probably it would make
business sence for them to limit NVDA to only high end enthusiast
market (read: very limited niche). In that capacity, Nforce would
bring Pentium the SLI platform necessary for the bragging rights, but
would not eat Intel's share of mid-level boards.