Question Looks like Screen Tearing but it actually isn't(image "teleport" and weird image visuals) it all started in summer of 2020

Apr 26, 2022
So, basically at the summer of 2020 i was cleaning my pc(that i had since start of 2018), because it was get hot, 2 weeks later when i went to eat and came back, the computer started showing a lot of red dots and then started beeping kinda loud, i got very worried and torned it off, weirdly enough, the beeping didnt stop, after that i turned the PC on, it seemed fine, but then i went to play some games, suddently my games started having huge "screen tearing" alike problem and randomly teleporting image / skipping frames without fps dropping, then i tought that maybe i broke something after cleaning, but everything looked fine, so i tought, now that im going to upgrade my PC maybe it can fix it, it didnt, my old build before the upgrades and trying to fix this problem was a GTX 1050TI 4GB | 8GB RAM | Ryzen 3 1200 | 1TB HDD and a 75HZ monitor,500W PS and a if im not mistaking. I started by upgrading the Power Suplly, then the GPU AND CPU, getting a RTX 2060 6GB and a RYZEN 5 3600, sadly, the problem since that day was still there, it was very irritating and sad, almost made me stop playing games, then upgraded the RAM to 16 gb, again, nothing changed. at the start of 2021 SPRING i had a internship in a computing store, i brought my pc, (with the upgrades) and we made multiple test, different ram, different disk, different gpu, different monitors and cables, reinstaling the windows, nothing changed, in comparasion we were doing this with another computer at the side, same windows version , same in game settings, and mine was this jiggling cutted images going up and down and some "mini teleports" of image, and the other was completly fine, since that day i tried to live while ignoring the problem, getting high fps helped to not being and noticeable (144 for example). 2021 AUTUNM: at this time i was gonna leave my home and go live somewhere else, so i was gonna build my brother a PC, i tought, maybe this is the chance to see if he at least wont have the problem, so using my OLD Build leftovers and getting what was left, being a case and a motherboard(on my head i tought that maybe it was my motherboard problem) i built the PC, botted the pc, and... same exact problem, i spent like 100€ to complete that build, but yeh, that was very frustrating, in near future he will get an actual fully new pc from the store, that way he wont have that problem (i mean, aint no way he would still have it).

Since that day i been using fast sync, in terms of the huge screen tearing alike problem that started happening after the red dots and bepping in 2020 summer, it fixes that visual part, however, the random teleport alike image still happens randomly, without the fps dropping but ging the feeling that it dropped), overall it makes me very sad and not enjoy games as much, i was even thinking about getting a full new rig, but life aint that easy, hope i can get some help in here, still hope that i can somehow found a way to fix whatever this is

in the video it looks a lot like Tearing, but yh, im almost sure it aint that because on the last 9 years i never experienced THIS in none of my computers and on friends.if needed more examples i can record,like showing the teleporting image randomly happening when moving to the sides(isnt that much noticeable) (in the video ofcourse, im not with the fast sync, its from 2021 SPRING). also, the lesser fps i have the worse it gets, both teleport feeling and that tearing alike effect, thats why i cap most games with 144 fps and free sync nowadays..

hope u can understand what i was trying to say.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1284aTNTt3waL5GNk_VPHQ0P07T53FtnH/view?usp=sharing

"hope u can understand what i was trying to say". :rolleyes:
To me it looks like a dynamic resolution setting. I ve never owned Nvidia cards but probably a dynamic resolution setting in your nvidia control panel overrides your standard native resolution to maintain high fps. Good luck

Apr 26, 2022
"hope u can understand what i was trying to say". :rolleyes:
To me it looks like a dynamic resolution setting. I ve never owned Nvidia cards but probably a dynamic resolution setting in your nvidia control panel overrides your standard native resolution to maintain high fps. Good luck
extra info: if i try to "lower" the fps, like playing at 75 fps, the game randomly slows down, while the fps not changing, will try to look for that dynamic resolution setting u talking about, but my games never change resolutions during it so dont think thats it

Last edited: