Looks like someone has uninstall most of my software

My anti virus cant find its .ink and most of my folders
have changed and I cant run any prog. not even IE6 or
outlook express. I cant open anything in my controll
panel. Looks like I have Been HIT

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Installed a firewall, spy sweeper, virus scan?

"roger king" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My anti virus cant find its .ink and most of my folders
> have changed and I cant run any prog. not even IE6 or
> outlook express. I cant open anything in my controll
> panel. Looks like I have Been HIT

Sounds like a nasty virus thing, or perhaps a system restore back to a time
before you installed these things??

"roger king" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My anti virus cant find its .ink and most of my folders
> have changed and I cant run any prog. not even IE6 or
> outlook express. I cant open anything in my controll
> panel. Looks like I have Been HIT

Hi Roger,

Most folders changed into what?

For the programs (.exe) and links (.lnk, not .ink), go to www.dougknox.com,
click on WinXP Fixes. Go to the File Association Fixes, download and run the
fixes for both.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/