Loopback processing

Hello,
We just updraded our NT PDC to Active Directory. The upgrade went smooth but I have noticed this error in one of our Windows 2000 (SP4) member servers. Windows cannot do loopback processing when the computer is joined to a downlevel domain or is a member of a workgroup. Loopback processing will be disabled. We have not configured any GPO's on our domain and loopback policy is not enabled on the server that is generating the error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmie wrote:

> Hello,
> We just updraded our NT PDC to Active Directory. The upgrade went smooth but I have noticed this error in one of our Windows 2000 (SP4) member servers. Windows cannot do loopback processing when the computer is joined to a downlevel domain or is a member of a workgroup. Loopback processing will be disabled. We have not configured any GPO's on our domain and loopback policy is not enabled on the server that is generating the error. Any help would be appreciated.

Loopback processing mode can be only used in pure Windows 2000 environment

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1000&eventno=3438&source=Userenv&phase=1

i think You cen ignore this right ow and deal with this error if it will
not disaper after finishing Your upgrade to AD

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
T.Onyszko@w2k.pl