[SOLVED] Loose Backplate B350M Bazooka

Nov 30, 2018
Yesterday I installed an 280 MM EVGA CLC AIO, when I finished installing it I noticed my back plate was loose and I could almost wiggle the cooler around. It was secure against the socket and board but when I booted I was hitting 40-50 C. So I shut it down unscrewed the bracket took off the cooler to make sure it was secure and touching the chip, it was the paste was on the chip. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong??

Solution
The stock backplate? Not sure if the EVGA CLCs use the stock backplate?
Assuming it does, it shouldn't move. It'll be flush with the rear of the board, with the posts sticking through, securing it in place.

If things are moving, I assume the mounting bracket on the front of the motherboard was not fully secured - which would explain the moving & the temps.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The stock backplate? Not sure if the EVGA CLCs use the stock backplate?
Assuming it does, it shouldn't move. It'll be flush with the rear of the board, with the posts sticking through, securing it in place.

If things are moving, I assume the mounting bracket on the front of the motherboard was not fully secured - which would explain the moving & the temps.

Solution

At a guess, this video may be helpful for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLSZD64UKuc

Note the orientation of the bracket after it's installed.