[SOLVED] Loose/busted hinge on MacBook Pro 2015 - how to repair/replace?

goaskalice00

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
I’ve inherited a Macbook Pro 2015 from my sister, but the screens hinge is busted on the left side, leaving the screen loose. Fortunately, the screen itself is still fully functional - I’m hoping to repair the hinge, but I’m not sure which parts I will need to replace, nor do I know how to properly replace those parts. I’ve attached pictures of the hinge itself, but let me know if there’s any further information needed to diagnose the exact problem.

I’d be very grateful if someone could tell me which parts I need to replace, and possibly point me towards a tutorial that can walk me through the repair process. Thanks in advance!

Apr 28, 2020
Its a pretty easy fix, harder to explain it than it is to do it. Remove the bottom case, disconnect the battery, disconnect the webcam cable and disconnect the wifi coaxial/antenna cables, (do not pull upwards on the webcam cable, pull away/back from the connector),disconnect the display cable. Remove hinge covers and 2 of the 3 screws from each bracket, open the lid and lay the MacBook on its side on a table, carefully hold it while removing the last 2 screws, then the display should come right off, you may need to push it back as if you were opening the lid further than normal. Now you only need to remove the black clutch cover, you may need some tweezers but try to slide the black bar to the left, it needs to move about 4 cm's, when you feel it move/click you can now insert your tweezers inside the exposed space you created and the black cover should pop off. Tighten the 3 screws on the hinge.